Self-Help Tips for Covid-19
Tips for Covid-19
1. Get some sleep - Sounds simple, right? Well when we are stuck at home binge-watching Netflix, we aren't realizing that we might not be getting the QUALITY sleep that we need. The best way to ensure a good night sleep is to unplug for the day, at least 1 hour before bedtime. So put down the phone, turn off CNN and give your body some time to relax.
2. Find an activity that you enjoy - I personally love to listen to music. It helps me to unwind and really relax. Even when I am cleaning and sanitizing LOL. It is also helpful to find an activity to do as a family that can bring everyone together.
3. Be creative with time - Make sure to find time for yourself, your partner and your family. Each individual subset needs its own dedicated time. You might have to get creative, but it isn't impossible!
4. Be social - Even though we need to maintain social distancing, we have PLENTY of apps and platforms that you can use to be social and have fun with people who aren't in your home. That way we don't completely disconnect from those we love.
5. Research resources in your community - Need worksheets to keep your kids entertained? Not sure how to keep yourself entertained? There are plenty of great companies that are offering low cost or free resources to help you during tis time of need. **Don't forget that there are mental health therapist out there (like myself) that are offering very low cost and even free sessions.
I wish you all the best. Be well and be safe!
Written by: Jessica Jefferson, Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, Certified Perinatal Mental Health Counselor and Owner of Cloud Nine Therapeutic Services. My passion is helping individuals through heartbreak, whether that is heartbreak with others or heartbreak within themselves. My goal is to be their guide on their journey to their self-discovery so that they can build the life and relationship they want. I am here for when you want to start your journey.